Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Little Preview

Ready for the big reveal? Well, don't get too excited because this is still in the middle of the kitchen.


Annoying, right? For the stove, we decided to go big. We have a 36-inch Viking sitting down in our garage just waiting to move upstairs into the kitchen. However, the cooktop on it is gas and we don't have a gasline on our street. We are having a propane tank installed in the next couple of weeks but we decided it was better to keep the electric stove upstairs for now so we could use it. We are officially sick of take out and frozen meals. [Sidenote: See those fresh vegetables on the stove? I was able to chop these on my KITCHEN COUNTER, add a  little EVOO and salt and pepper, and throw them on the grill for few minutes. Heaven!] So, this is my long-winded way of telling you that I can't give you a final reveal. But, I'll show you a few sneak peeks.


First up, our new granite and sinks!


We went with a double bowl, cast iron Kohler sink. It was definitely a splurge but I am so glad we did it. After 6 weeks of using the utility sink in the corner of my basement, I feel like I've died and gone to heaven. This baby is legit! The one problem is that you can see any tiny crumb on the white sink but the upside to that is I'll be highly motivated to keep it clean. I won the faucet in an Ebay auction. Ebay is the way to go for faucets...I saved at least $100 by buying this online as opposed to Home Depot or Lowe's.

We also added a little bar sink on the beverage center. It's also cast iron Kohler. It will be great to have this little sink when we're hosting holidays and parties. See this faucet? I bought it at Lowe's and it was $50 more expensive than the main faucet. I told you Lowe's was a rip off!




Ready for the beverage center reveal? I've already given you some teasers...but here she is!

Ignore the "styling." Jeremy threw a few random things in the shelves and I haven't taken them down yet.

Quite an upgrade from its previous resident (the pantry)



And here's a look at our peninsula:




And here's the view from the family room into the kitchen:


Just a quick reminder of what this same view used to look like:


Remember how I hinted we might be picking up a new table if Craigslist pulled through? I'm happy to report it did! Now we need a rug and some bar stools for the peninsula and this little corner of the kitchen will be complete. We're making some serious progress people!


So that's all I can show you today. I'll be back tomorrow with our tile reveal. 




No comments:

Post a Comment