Monday, April 4, 2011

Our Weekend Was as Exciting as Watching Paint Dry

Hello! It was another busy weekend at Casa Mason. This weekend was dedicated to painting. We painted walls, doors, trim, ceilings. You name it, we probably slapped a coat of paint on it. If you had asked me year ago what my least favorite home project was, I would have answered: "painting." However, now that I have some more renovation experience, I have to say, it isn't that bad.

We had some help...
Thanks, Tricia and Gene! We owe you.

And we listened to Pandora, my iPod, the radio, the Red Sox lose three games, CBS Sunday Morning.


And, since we don't have kitchen floors I was able to set up a little assembly line which made the process a little less painful.

And while I painted trim (and then painted some more trim), Jeremy finished up the electric work! He installed the recessed cans into the ceiling, put the covers on the switches and outlets, and set up our bathrooom lighting.

We had one major catastrophe. Our sheetrock guy (who I've grown to hate) buried the undercabinet lighting wires in our brand new walls. We ended up having to cut holes in these pristine, painted walls to fish the wires out. We had to patch up the holes and you're definitely going to be able to see these patches (grrrrrr!). Please do me a favor and pretend you don't notice them when you visit, OK? Thanks.

Here are the lights and surround speakers in all of their glory:


This is a big week. This morning the wood floors are being installed! We had to clear everything out of the kitchen last night. With the painting in the bathroom complete, we could move the washer and dryer from their current location to their new home.

Not the most exciting picture, sorry!

I can't begin to tell you how nice it is to be putting things back together. But fear not, we're still living in utter chaos.



We're getting closer! I'll be back tomorrow with a few shots of our new floors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment