Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Tease

I think I have decided to be a tease. I was going to post some pictures of our cabinets with the doors and crown molding (swoon!) but then I decided if I wait a week I can show you the whole shebang which will obviously be more of a 'move that bus' moment. If everything goes according to plan (which I'm sure it won't--not to be negative, I've just learned my lesson), everything will be completed April 16th! That is 9 DAYS AWAY, PEOPLE! Sorry to shout but I am so excited.

The cabinets will be finished up today, hardwood floors go in tomorrow and Saturday, granite comes next Friday, April 15th, and then the plumber comes back on April 16th to hook up the bathroom, laundry, and appliances. A few days ago, my dad joked that we should host Easter this year...and we almost could! But I'll let my sister do the honors.

After the guys left, Jeremy and I painted the bathroom last night. Surprise, surprise! It seems all I do is paint these days. We love the way it's shaping up. We high fived the minute we saw it. Brian really knocked it out of the park on his trim work. Ok, fine. I'll show you a little sneak peek of the bathroom.

A before:

And an after (pardon the poor quality...it's an iPhone photo):

It looks even better now that we've painted the door and the chair rail. The whole time I was painting I couldn't stop thinking about how this used to be the living room! This is such a better use of the space. We changed the entire 'feel' of the house. Maybe tomorrow I can show you how we changed the floor plan. Exciting stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment