Monday, April 11, 2011

Odds and Ends

Hello! I hope the weekend treated you well. We worked on odds and ends all weekend. The floors were installed and stained Friday and Saturday so our work in the kitchen was pretty minimal. Instead, we built the soffit down in the garage which I can now cross off my bucket list...just kidding. This was the most boring, useless project to date but it's all a part of the process. This darn thing took almost all of Saturday to complete. It was framed out but Jeremy had to add strapping so we could attach the sheet rock, then we needed add textured paint and joint compound so it would match the existing ceiling. My fingers are crossed that I never have to work on a soffit again!

 



I also went out to the granite warehouse to select our stone. It was overwhelming how many choices there are. Luckily I knew the name of stone I was searching for (Giallo Ornamental) so it only took a few minutes.

There she is! We need 3 slabs, if you can believe it.  



With the cabinets and floors in, we can start putting things back together a bit. We put the refrigerators in their respective spots:
So shiny and new!


Notice those hardwood floors?
And finally, we completed the electric work. We installed all of the under cabinet lighting and added our peninsula pendants



We have one final electrical project to complete: the table chandelier. We're waiting for a replacement light which should arrive on Thursday. I couldn't figure out how it went together yesterday until I determined we were missing a few important pieces. It's always something...

The most exciting news is I'm sitting at my kitchen table writing this post! That's right! We've moved the table back to the eat-in kitchen. I had grown used to it in its new spot and loved climbing over it to get to the couch but I think it will be more functional in its new home. We even ate dinner at the table last night. Exciting stuff! 



No comments:

Post a Comment