Thursday, March 31, 2011

Out Like a Lamb

I can't say I'm sorry to see March draw to an end. This kitchen project has consumed our lives for the last four weeks. We have been bad friends. We have neglected any exercise regime. Our DVR is almost full of shows we haven't had time to watch. I'm hopeful that all of this will change in the month of April, but with all of the finish work we have ahead of us we might not resurface until May. Bear with us!

So we've had the sheet rocking guys here for two days and it turns out they'll need two more days to complete the job. All I can say is THANK GOD we came to our senses and asked them to take care of the kitchen walls. I can't believe we even thought about doing it ourselves. Sometimes, you've got to know when to the fold them.

They've been hard at work. Here's a little before:


And after:


Much better, no?
 And here's the view from the family room into the kitchen:


Isn't it so much brighter? And did you notice all of the touch-up work they've done? That would have taken us forever. Let's just say, I would be puttying right now and not blogging.


This has definitely been the easiest week of the renovation to date. Jeremy was out of town earlier in the week and has a work obligation tonight so I've been able to relax a little. I'm feeling recharged!  So, wife of the year over here got a jump start on some of the weekend painting tonight. I'll leave you with a sneak peek.

Doesn't look like much, but that was two coats! And there were 5 pieces. You do the math.

No comments:

Post a Comment