Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Dog Days of Summer

One of my loyal readers--my dad--asked how Summer was doing with the renovation. She's a pretty mild-mannered dog but I think it's getting a little old for her. She's always hated the sound of the drill but now she hates the hammering and banging. Knowing this, we sent her to my in-laws for our first weekend of demolition. With the worst behind us, we decided to keep her last weekend.

She was my shadow. If I vacuumed, she was right next to me.

This really isn't staged. When I realized how ridiculous this was I had to grab the camera. I had to ask her to move so I could vacuum under where she was sitting!
 If I was running trash out to the trailer, she was right behind me. If I was pulling up nails from the bathroom floor, she was curled up next to me.  She usually spends her days cat napping. This past weekend she was too busy trying to keep up with me and didn't take a single nap.

On Sunday night Jeremy discovered a problem with one of his wiring jobs. We had hoped to finish everything up around 7 so we could relax but we knew it wasn't wise to leave a faulty wire live. He worked to fix that wire until 11:30. Exhausted but wanting to help,  I manned the circuit breaker. At one point, I noticed Summer staring me down. We usually head up to bed between 10 and 10:30. This poor pup had had it. At least someone had some good sense to call it a day! I let her out, gave her her evening cookie, and sent her up to bed while we worked for another hour and a half.


I can't decide who's more excited to wrap up this renovation..Summer or me.

No comments:

Post a Comment