Monday, May 2, 2011

A Historic Weekend

What a weekend! Between the Royal Wedding and capturing Bin Laden I'd say this was one for the history books. We were glued to the TV early Friday morning and late Sunday night watching history unfold. And in between these two events, we had a historic moment of our own....I think we've pretty much finished up the renovation!(!!) We put together the pantry, finished the laundry closet, constructed a built-in bookshelf, painted (of course), and built an outdoor shower. Not too shabby!

But we had to take a little break from our projects on Saturday so we could go from this..


To this!

Last Friday Jeremy got rear-ended coming home from work. We were so annoyed when insurance totaled the Honda because we did not want to make (another) big-ticket purchase but isn't that life? We found a great pre-owned Prius with only 8,000 miles on it and we snapped it up Saturday afternoon. It seems like a great little car and we've become so green!

I had to clean out the Honda at the collision shop, and I definitely got a little sentimental handing my keys over. This was my first big purchase at 23 and I remember feeling so grown up when I registered it in my name and picked out an insurance policy. I've moved 4 times in that car (from apartment, to apartment, to condo, to our house). We've driven it to dozens of friends and family's weddings and to our own wedding! It had 120,000 miles on it and it just had its first problem. Let's hope the Prius cooperates just as well!

I will be back later this week with pictures of all of our projects from the weekend. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment