Tuesday, February 15, 2011

To do

We moved into our house with a laundry list of renovations and updates in mind. We wanted to:
·         paint the shutters
·         strip the wall paper in the dining room
·         paint 2 bedrooms
·         install surround sound
·         convert the office in the garage back to a garage (we live in snowy New England)
·          update the family room (paint bookshelves, replace sky lights, widen the entryway door from the kitchen, install hardwood floors)
·         plant a vegetable garden
·         mulch garden beds
·         furnish our 2300 sq foot house. We were coming from an 800 sq foot condo
Would you believe me if I told you we accomplished every last item on that list? In three months? Well, we did. In fact, the first three bullets were accomplished by the first week. And I have to give credit where credit is due. It NEVER would have happened if I had been the project manager on board. I tend to drag my feet, and hem and haw before taking on a big project.  My husband is the ying to my yang in that regard. He’ll dive right in and get things done. But together, we have crossed each project off of our to do list.  
Fear not, we still have a few big projects lined up. In about a month we’ll be demolishing our kitchen, tearing down walls, ripping out tiles, installing electrical work. My current to do list is longer than ever. I’ll spare you the details but some of the highlights include: select granite, finalize the lighting plan, order appliances.  Hopefully I’ll have just as much success with this list! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment