Friday, February 25, 2011

Cheers and Boos-- A Grown Up Edition

My college newspaper had this great two-page feature,  Cheers & Boos. Students could anonymously give a shout out to the things they liked, or didn’t like, that week. It was the highlight of the paper, especially considering this was pre-social networking days. It was always the first feature I read in the weekly newspaper.  

My roommates and I contributed religiously. We would dedicate at least an hour of our week (CAH-LEGE) to putting together our weekly list of Cheers and Boos. I wish I had saved a copy of some of handiwork but trust me when I say we were very clever.
I’m going to attempt to recreate that feature here. We’ll see how it goes, considering it’s not anonymous, I’m flying solo, and I’m sober while writing these.  Plus, my life is not nearly as exciting as it once was.
Without further ado…
Cheers to:
·         New appliances. I don’t want to jinx anything until I have them in my hot little hands but I’ll say they start with a V and end with a –king!
·         February sweeps. Particularly, Parenthood. I love that show.
·         Seat heaters and heated garages
·         Red wine and fires
·         Redbox. $1 movies? Yes, please!
·         The Oscars. I love award season. Can't wait to see what everybody wears.
Boos to:
·         Facebook vacation photos. There’s a big case of the winter blues right here.
·         2-3 inches of rain. In one day.
·         Walking your dog in 2-3 inches of rain.
·         My dog’s electric fence being struck by lightning. In February.
·         Spending unsexy money. I’m looking at you, electric fence, hot water heater, and extra insulation which all needed replacing this week.
·         The phrase “Just Sayin’”. Make it stop.
That's it!  Have a great weekend.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment