Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Lift Things Up and Put Them Down

As I alluded to yesterday, our “light” demo wasn’t so light after all. We spent about 7 hours removing base boards and crown molding, ripping out part of the ceiling, tearing out bathroom cabinets, packing up the pantry, and demolishing said pantry.
We opened up the wall for our new hall into the pantry/bathroom.

And here's the alternate view. Before we cleaned anything up...

My one man wrecking machine in action. Note the mssing ceiling. And the dangling light.
While Jeremy pulled down dry wall, I ran it downstairs to load up our utility trailer. I banged down nails, tracked down tools, cleared out the pantry, and did whatever I could to help.
Next, he moved to the pantry. Which started like this...


Then became this...

And now looks something like this...


So what's with the title of this post? Well, when all was said and done, I loaded 500 pounds of construction debris into our little trailer! It's two days later and I'm still sore.

We cleaned things up and settled in for a nice glass of vino. Check out Jer's pour...it was well-deserved.

So, basically, who needs Planet Fitness? Not this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment